samedi 26 octobre 2019

Sketchcrawl à Peillac, le récit complet / The whole story of the Peillac Sketchcrawl

Dimanche dernier, nous étions une dizaine à participer au Sketchcrawl, organisé par Steph, à la Fête des Fruits de l'Automne à Peillac. De la musique, de la nourriture, du monde et de belles couleurs partout, de quoi trouver son bonheur pour faire des dessins.

A sketchpal organised a sketchcrawl last weekend and that was the perfect occasion to do my homework or Liz Steel's workshop and describe a sketchday.
We drew at the Automn Harvest Festival in Peillac, in Brittany, France. There was music, food, and autumn fruit everywhere, so a lot of inspiration and a lot of subjects.

Le premier sujet était ce pressoir, dur dur et j'ai perdu pas mal de temps à faire le dessin, mais je suis assez satisfaite du résultat final !

We started around 11 am and drew this press. It was a very technical and complicated subject, and I made the mistake to start with pencil, and of course, then I erased and started over again and I lost a lot of time doing this and I think that the final drawing took me over an hour. However, I am quite happy with the end result.



Pour le déjeuner, j'ai pris une galette complète au "Mac Gallo" que j'ai dessiné directement à l'aquarelle. 

After that, we went for lunch and in order to "compensate" the very long first drawing, I did a quick direct watercolor painting of my food, a "galette complète", a typical breton plate. This one took me about 15 minutes.
Après le déjeuner, on a dessiné la très belle médiathèque derrière les stands colorés remplis de coloquintes et autres récoltes de l'automne. 

After lunch, we did another complicated subjet: this beautiful building behind a small market and a lot of people around. I decided to do direct watercolor again, and I started with the fruits in the lower right corner and then painted the building behind to have a nice composition. I am quite happy with the colors.



J'avais juste commencé mon dernier dessin, quand il a commencé à pleuvoir des cordes. J'ai fini par terminer le dessin à la maison d'après photo.

I only just started my last drawing of this guy selling his harvest, when it started raining cats and dogs, and since the rain did not stop, I finished this one at home from a photo.


Je n'ai pas pu compléter mes pages à la maison avec du texte ou  des collages, car ils sont restés sur place pour une petite expo. Peut-être que je compléterai quand je les récupère.  A voir...

I did not finish the pages at home, I usually add some text and collage, because the drawings remained at the festival for a small exhibition. Maybe I will add some stuff when I recover them...

So my sketching day ended quite early, around 3 pm, due to the rain, but it was such a good experience again and it is so much fun to draw wiht fellow sketchers. Can't wait to start again !!

Le group  / The sketchgang : 



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire